Thursday, August 22, 2013

Try Two: Chambray





top:gap (available here)// skirt: free people (available here) // shoes: shoemint (similar here)// sunnies: prada available here) // earrings: stella & dot (available here)
photos by the amazing molly stillman

It's my favorite time of year again.....that time when you almost feel the seasons changing and  the pumpkin spice lattes start dancing in my head. For some reason I feel like a lot of people struggle with season switchovers in the wardrobe department so I figured I would help! Each month I'll bring you a top and bottom that you could seriously benefit from owning. I'll show you how to style them individually and how they can work together......a "Try Two" if you will. 

This month the top is a chambray shirt which has soooo many uses. For instance, I wore this leopard skirt with a silk blouse last week to a rehearsal dinner but then I wanted to dress down the skirt and some chambray did just the trick. Chambray is so unexpected with dressier items like skirts and also looks great with casual items (which you will see next week). Did this help at all? Hope so skrillas :))

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous look! Such a naturally great sense of style you have!

    SSSx
    www.stylestreetstalker.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shorts & lovely skirt !

    http://www.olastory.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this skirt! The chambray and sandals are a great way to give it that relaxed feel.

    Amy


    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an awesome pair of sandals! I thought they isabel marants! Such a good find. And that skirt....Flirty Feline!!!!! Roar ;)

    xx
    ileana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the simplicity of your outfit & the wow factor your skirt gives it..you look great!

    ReplyDelete