Thursday, September 25, 2014

Where the Green Grass Grows










leather romper: shopbop (similar here) // boots: schutz (similar here) // sunnies: ray ban (here)
photos by common dove photography


Yes, that's me, romping through a field in leather overalls and 4 inch gladiator boots…..and now it feels like the perfect time to preface this outfit by explaining what's going on in my life at the moment…..

About a month ago my husband and I separated and our 3 year old son and I moved down to my hometown on the coast. This happened just as my parents were packing up to move to a different state……and everything changed very rapidly.

Obviously major life changes like going through a divorce and moving from your home of 4 years are tough…..and I'm sure you guys have been noticing my grieving process through the blog. But I will say this much…..I never thought I would be happy living back in my hometown…..in fact, the thought of small town life used to depress me. However……for the past month everything has been incredibly surreal….and being back here has been rather therapeutic.

Being around people who have known me most of my life has made me remember what's important. Sometimes, going back to your roots allows you to wipe the slate clean.

So back to this outfit….I actually wore this while in New York for Fashion Week a couple of weeks ago but I loved the juxtaposition of wearing it back home……its a spot on metaphor for my life: 4 inch heels in a field…..being all dressed up with nowhere to go…..and that's ok with me…..because that's how I've been my whole life and those that love me know that's never going to change. So right now "I'm gona live where the green grass grows……"

7 comments:

  1. Very happy for you bc you sound happy with your choice to move where you did. It's like a fresh start, but in a place that is comforting and familiar to you. I hope your new life brings you wonderful, unexpected, and joyful surprises!! Best to you in your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way you have styled the playsuit!

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this look, simple yet stylish! Checkout my blog at www.glamourbyzee.com for fashion, beauty and health 101 tips and guide

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so beautiful and I miss you so much. I love you and you are stronger than you realize!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can never go wrong in a field of flowers! No matter where it is. But home is always where the heart is. And I cant believe I just finished two sentences with prepositions!! Carteret County just said horay to have a local return home...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those boots are amazing and I love rompers! Enjoy the rest of the week. http://fashionablyidu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. The shoes is so cool.Love it...<3<3
    http://kintanfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete