Sunday, November 9, 2014

The Long and Short of It
















sweater: similar here // leather skirt: vintage (loving this one) // boots: shoemint (similar here) // sunnies: prada (similar here)
photos by common dove photography

OK, I'll admit it, I have a bit of a complex about being "petite." In fact, I loath the term "petite" itself; it sounds like you are weak and unable to fend for yourself. Yes…..I'm short…..and blonde……and bubbly…..and with all of that comes a certain stigma. For instance,  people like to call you "cute" because you are small…..cute….really? If I were my size and about 6 inches taller I can guarantee you people would not call me "cute." However, with all of my ramblings about my height I'm starting to learn that there are certain benefits to being Polly Pocket size….. like being able to wear super short vintage leather skirts with moto boots and not looking as scantily clad as a tall person would. But the best part is realizing you can fit under a cannon…..suck on that my vertically gifted friends.

6 comments:

  1. Perfect!!!

    http://ecobloggercristinacarrillo.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so amazing ! nice look !


    Kisses
    Hannah

    Elegantesque Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! You don't look cute... you look fantastic! Ok... I just have to say it... Your legs are to die for. I would like to trade you legs. :-) And that skirt & boot combo is pretty fantastic as well! ~Tammy

    http://www.wildruffle.com/2014/11/12/photograph/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pictures an the whole look is just so perfect :)

    modimelodi | A blog by Moudy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cool look, I love the boots and the sunnies. http://fashionablyidu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete